As a Manager of Accounting Services with Choptank, every day will be spent supporting our accounting functions, customers and employees through effective communication skills and dedication. You will also be overseeing our processes and ensuring proper protocol is followed while solving outstanding issues internally and externally.
Choptank is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider, meaning we bring companies who need to ship products and those with trucks together. Our customers want to focus on crafting and selling their products, not looking for trucks to move it and hoping they get a fair price for the shipping. We take that worry off their plate and get them the best deals in the market. We offer solutions and give them results.
- Manage billing, AP, & Customer Service
- Submit ACH files to the bank for daily payment
- Oversee processing of carrier payment & respond to any carrier issues
- Improve systems & procedures throughout the dept
- Meet financial accounting goals
- Reconcile & process weekly EFS vendor payment
- Troubleshoot EFS check issues & void payments as necessary
- & more!
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive.
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will continue growing
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Paid training and continual development. We see the value in investing in you.
- 401K plan with a company match.
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within.
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, we also love to volunteer within the community.
- High School diploma/GED Equivalent required
- Associates degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping preferred
- Strong, professional written, and oral communication skills (you'll be communicating and representing the company through email and phone all day)
- Professional behavior and presentation at all times
- Management experience preferred
- Outgoing personality and comfortable speaking to perfect strangers