Are you a strong, goal oriented leader? Do you enjoy developing team members and watching them succeed? Have you mastered basic Accounting functions? As the Manager of Accounting Services with Choptank, you will be overseeing and effectively managing our billing, payables and customer service processes and team members to ensure appropriate protocols are followed. This will be done while helping that team solve outstanding issues internally and externally. You will also be responsible for improving systems, while ensuring accuracy.
- Manage and lead Billing, Accounts Payable, & Customer Service Departments
- Submit ACH files to the bank for daily payment
- Oversee processing of driver payment, ensuring they are paid on time and correctly
- Promptly respond to any driver or customer issues, while maintaining good customer service practices
- Improve systems & procedures throughout our department
- Reconcile & process weekly EFS vendor payments
- Troubleshoot EFS check issues & void payments, as necessary
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive.
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will continue growing
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Paid training and continual development. We see the value in investing in you.
- 401K plan with a company match.
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within.
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, we also love to volunteer within the community.
- High School diploma/GED Equivalent required
- Associates degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping preferred
- Prior management experience required
"At Choptank Transport, we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future, is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company - a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide." Geoff Turner, CEO