Do you thrive in a customer centric environment? Do you love to set goals and attain them, while also establishing relationships with companies around the country? As the Credit and Collections Specialist, you will support the company by making calls to our customers to collect outstanding debt or organize appropriate payment arrangements.
Worried that you don't know anything about the logistics industry? We will train you! Choptank has a state-of-the-art, award-winning training program crafted to make sure you have all the tools and knowledge you will need to be successful in your new career. (Positive attitude and coachability required).
Choptank is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider, meaning we bring companies who need to ship products and those with trucks together. Our customers want to focus on crafting and selling their products, not looking for trucks to move it and hoping they get a fair price for the shipping. We take that worry off their plate and get them the best deals in the market. We offer solutions and give them results.
- Making and receiving collection calls to and from current customers who owe on overdue accounts
- Entering accurate and up-to-the-minute information into company systems, while ensuring accuracy
- Utilize analytical skills to resolve discrepancies, short payments and overdue balances
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills with sales and upper management regarding customer accounts
- Upload and enter cash receipts and adjustments as needed, while depositing company checks using our remote deposit system
- Accurately balance customer accounts online, while keeping the customer up to date on payment schedules
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associates degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills both internally and externally
- 2 or more years of collections or accounts receivable follow up experience preferred
- Strong, professional written, and oral communication skills (you'll be communicating and representing the company through email and phone all day)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in a mathematical environment
- Desire to work in an exciting environment, with changing deadlines and priorities
- Computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office/Outlook or similar email application
- Self Starter - You will be expected to perform under little supervision
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive.
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will continue growing.
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, a 401K plan with generous company match, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Paid training and continual development. We see the value in investing in you.
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within.
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, but we also love to volunteer within the community. Last year alone we raised over 100K for local and national charities!
- Stability - while many companies are closing, Choptank is growing and expanding!
- Cutting edge technology We embrace the latest and greatest devices and applications to make you successful.
“At Choptank Transport we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date. They will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company—a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide.” Geoff Turner, CEO