Why is Choptank the fastest growing company in the area? The answer is simple, talented people who are committed to helping our customers. While our people work to change an industry, we reward them with industry-leading perks. It's not just about the free snacks and onsite yoga classes (although those are pretty cool). It's about making sure Choptankians feel supported, healthy, and engaged when they come to work. To drive this program, Choptank is adding a new HR Generalist position.
The successful candidate is someone who has a passion for creating a culture that supports people in their career development and enhances the business as a whole. You will administer a variety of benefit programs, employee services, and culture initiatives.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Manage staff engagement initiatives such as surveys and events
- Manage and track inquiries from staff and recomment ways to improve responsiveness and clarity
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and employee handbooks
- Direct company events such as our President's Club incentive trip, catered lunches, etc.
- Coach and mentor other members of staff
- Administer the performance management program
- Administer all aspects of the employee benefits plans and also leave programs such as FMLA
- Effectively market to staff our unique perks such as our student loan pay-down program and wellness initiatives
- Work closely with and develop other members of the HR and Talent Acquisition teams
- Assist in the preperation of our incentive compensation plans
- Completion of all regulatory reports
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Minimum of five years of HR experience in a generalist role
- 3 years of benefits of benefits administration experience with a mid-sized to large company
- Bachelor's Degree
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification OR the drive and willingness to attain this certification within the next two years
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Hardworking and team-oriented, yet casual working environment.
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- 401K with a generous company match.
- Continuous training and development. We invest in you. How can we recruit the best if we're not the best?
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, but we also love to volunteer within the community. Last year alone we raised over 100K for local and national charities!
“At Choptank Transport, we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future, is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company - a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide." Geoff Turner, CEO