Choptank Transport has more than tripled in size over the past six years, and as a result our Talent Acquisition team needs to grow! Do you love meeting and networking with new people? Do you want to be part of a dynamic, thriving team that constantly pushes you to expand your horizons? That's Choptank's Talent Acquisition team! We're on the front lines of furthering the growth of five Regional Offices and our Corporate Headquarters. This position is based out of our HQ in Preston, MD.
Choptank is an award-winning third party logistics company, headquartered in Preston, Maryland with regional offices in Tampa, Atlanta, Denver, Dallas, and our newest office in Baltimore. Our continued dedication to teamwork, training, and development has fueled our continued growth. This is a great opportunity to be a part of something huge!
- Lots of phone time! This is sales, not HR! You will identify talent through conversations with both passive and active candidates, conduct interviews, and convert to new team members through promoting company culture and benefits.
- You will market the employer brand through career fairs, community and campus events, social media, and other creative outlets.
- You will work closely with hiring managers in scheduling and conducting in-person interviews, as well as identifying hiring needs.
- You will network with campus career services and student organizations to promote the company and connect with candidates (some travel required).
- You will continually evaluate new sources for talent acquisition and company promotion within the local region.
- You will deliver exceptional customer service to employees by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Base salary, plus uncapped commission.
- Hardworking and team-oriented, yet casual working environment.
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- 401K with a generous company match.
- Continuous training and development. How can we recruit the best if we're not the best?
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, but we also love to volunteer within the community. Last year alone we raised over 100K for local and national charities!
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent customer service and phone skills, including the desire to confidently cold call candidates. We're not just calling people who submit applications, we're combing our networks to find qualified candidates.
- Outgoing and personable with the desire to network with candidates via phone and in person.
- Ethical at all times
- Willingness and availability for travel that may include overnight stays.
- Fast and professional follow up skills. Great candidates aren't waiting around for your answer, they're moving on!
It's a bonus if you have:
- SHRM-CP certification, or eligibility.
- 1-3 years of experience in a recruiting, sales, or human resources role.
- Prior experience with an applicant tracking system.
“At Choptank Transport, we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future, is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company - a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide." Geoff Turner, CEO