The future of our industry will be shaped by technology and Choptank is at the forefront of this evolution. We are currently searching for a talented and creative Systems Administrator to implement and monitor advanced technical systems and formulate solutions. You'll have the responsibility for the essential technological functions in our corporate office, while also remotely supporting our regional offices in Dallas, Denver, Tampa, and Atlanta. This includes maintaining all system operations while being the support and maintenance go-to for our existing applications. One added benefit? Choptank has the big time vision of an established company with the personal latitude of a start up.
Choptank is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider, meaning we bring companies who need to ship products and those with trucks together. Our customers want to focus on crafting and selling their products, not looking for trucks to move it and hoping they get a fair price for the shipping. We take that worry off their plate and get them the best deals in the market. We offer solutions and give them results. Our corporate headquarters is located in Preston, MD, with additional offices in Tampa, Denver, Dallas, and Atlanta.
- Maintain the computer networking system by tracking server activity, performing upgrades of state of the art software, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving overall efficiency.
- You will be installing and configuring Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers and Windows Servers.
- You'll be working directly in Active Directory, Group Policy, and Exchange.
- Developing operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
- Utilize established support tools for analysis and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of planned updates, patches and service pack management.
- You'll also perform regular system maintenance, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning.
- Provides technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required.
- Collaborates with hardware vendors to maintain and schedule repair of equipment in a timely manner and /or provide hardware repair and maintenance as required.
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will only continue on that growth pattern
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Continual learning and development. We see the value in investing in you
- 401K plan with a company match
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within
- Make a difference: We keep the business of America moving and we also love to volunteer within the community
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience in IT and Systems support
- 4+ years’ experience with Microsoft Windows Administration, Datacenter Operations, Systems Operations, IT support
- MCSA or MCSE (or equivalent experience) is helpful
- Windows Server Operating Systems (2003, 2008, 2012)
- Applied knowledge of Windows 2008 Active Directory or above
- Sufficient knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- Knowledge of Enterprise Backup software and strategies
- Knowledge of Intel-based Server Hardware
- Working knowledge of Microsoft server technologies (File\Print, IIS, SQL, Exchange)
- Windows Operating System Installation; Automated Systems Deployment technologies useful (WDS, SCCM)
- Experience with Server and Desktop Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of Operational Monitoring: Solarwinds NPM, SCOM, OpManager, or similar
- Knowledge of Scripting advantageous (VBscript and PowerShell)
"At Choptank Transport, we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future, is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company - a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide." Geoff Turner, CEO