Choptank is expanding! We're opening a brand NEW office this summer in Downtown Baltimore and we're looking for talented logistics managers skilled in working within a brokerage. Do you have at least one year prior experience working for a freight broker?
As a Logistics Manager in Choptank's newly opened Baltimore office, you will be supporting our logistics team by coordinating daily load activities, and communicating with carriers, customers, and vendors to arrange transportation services. You'll be on the front lines of growing your office and company revenue by gaining additional freight from current customers. Are you ready put your brokerage skills to use and soar with Choptank?
- Direct and facilitate movement of freight, track shipments, and communicate with carriers to get products shipped from point A to point B.
- Daily management and development of your growing team, including recruitment, hiring, and performance mentorship.
- Set team goals and hold your team accountable for reaching those. Recognize or coach to help them be the best.
- Ensure training and development for new and existing logistics team members. Each new team member goes through our state-of-the-art in-house training program and we need you to ensure they're on the right track to be a standout logistics star.
- Act as a liaison between the customer, carrier, and consignee on loads
- Manage sourcing of customers, as well as craft and maintain relationships with customers.
- Assist and develop team members in sourcing and building their carrier base.
- Base salary plus lucrative incentive. (Who doesn't want an incentive for doing their job well?)
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive.
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will continue growing with the addition of this Baltimore office, and beyond!
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Paid training and continual development. We see the value in investing in you.
- 401K plan with a company match.
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within.
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, we also love to volunteer within the community.
- Must have 1+ year prior experience working for a freight brokerage
- Proven ability to effectively train and mentor others, preferably with prior experience in doing so.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We're here for our customers, shippers, and carriers, so their priorities are our priorities.
- High School diploma is required, but a Bachelor's Degree is a plus.
“At Choptank Transport, we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future, is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company - a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide." Geoff Turner, CEO