Choptank is expanding and we're opening a brand NEW office this summer in Downtown Baltimore! Are you searching for a dynamic role that plays off your communication and problem-solving skills? Are you hunting for a stable company that offers growth opportunities and development? Do you have at least one year prior experience working for a freight broker?
As a Sales Manager in Choptank's Baltimore office, you will be supporting our sales team its customers by planning and implementing sales strategies, sourcing customers and growing your own book of business, as well as providing leadership and development to our growing inside sales team.
- Source customers and grow your book of business. Build and maintain relationships with customers and assist and lead team members in sourcing and growing their own customer base.
- Lead a growing sales team in our rapidly growing Baltimore office.
- Direct and monitor the work flow of our sales team.
- Set team goals and hold team members accountable for goals; recognize or discipline as needed.
- Develop and manage operating budgets.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends including sales and Margin goals.
- Day-to-day staff management and development including recruitment, hiring, performance mentoring -- all with full support of corporate office.
- Work with Corporate Human Resources to resolve personnel issues as needed.
- Ensure training and direction for new and existing sales members.
- Act as a liaison between the customers and operations staff.
- Development of sales team and leaders as well as fostering growth of the team and office.
- Base salary PLUS a lucrative incentive. You have the ability to determine your own paycheck - what's not to love about that?
- Casual working environment. Comfortable people are productive people.
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- 401K with a company match.
- Continuous training. We have an award-winning training program, but training doesn't stop there. We invest in YOU so that you can be the very best.
- Make a difference in your local community. Not only do we make a difference with our customers, but we love to volunteer within the community.
- Must have 1+ year prior experience working for a freight brokerage in a sales capacity
- Ability to effectively train others, preferably with experience in doing so.
- Solid knowledge of the customer base.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management skills, ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Desired, But Not Required:
- Bachelors Degree
- Prior supervisory experience
“At Choptank Transport, we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future, is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company - a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide." Geoff Turner, CEO