As the Part Time Evening Track & Trace Coordinator, you will be supporting the organization by communicating with drivers, customers, suppliers, and vendors during off hours (see below) to problem solve issues as they arise, think critically, and follow up on moving freight as needed. Are you searching for variety in your work? Does a dynamic and ever-changing environment excite you? If you answered yes, keep reading!
- Weekly set shift is : Saturday (Noon to 10 PM) and Sunday (10AM to 10PM)
Worried that you don't know anything about the logistics industry? We will train you! Choptank has a state-of-the-art, award-winning training program crafted to make sure you have all the tools and knowledge you will need to be successful in your new career. (Positive attitude and coachability required).
Choptank is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider, meaning we bring companies who need to ship products and those with trucks together. Our customers want to focus on crafting and selling their products, not looking for trucks to move it and hoping they get a fair price for the shipping. We take that worry off their plate and get them the best deals in the market. We offer solutions and give them results.
- Act as a middle-man between the manufacturer/supplier, trucking carrier and receiver
- Communicate with driver through the entire process, from pickup to delivery
- Build and manage relationships with drivers
- Accurately enter and maintain up-to-date information on a continuous basis
- Work quickly to resolve problems that may develop on a load
- Availability to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Make check calls on moving freight to confirm drivers are meeting commitments
- Serve as after hours support
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted to the Accounting department after each load is delivered
- All other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills Microsoft Office/ Outlook or similar email application
- Desire to work in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Outgoing personality and comfortable speaking to perfect strangers
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive.
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will continue growing.
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, a 401K plan with generous company match, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Paid training and continual development. We see the value in investing in you.
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within.
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, but we also love to volunteer within the community. Last year alone we raised over 100K for local and national charities!
- Stability - while many companies are closing, Choptank is growing and expanding!
- Cutting edge technology We embrace the latest and greatest devices and applications to make you successful.
“At Choptank Transport we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date. They will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company—a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide.” Geoff Turner, CEO