Are you searching for a fun and dynamic role that plays off your communication and analytical skills? Are you hunting for a stable company that offers growth opportunities and development?
As the Evening Track & Trace Coordinator with Choptank, you will be responsible for communicating with carriers and customers during the below hours; to decipher problems and issues as they arise in the entire process of pickup to delivery. You will need to possess good communication skills and the ability to quickly and expertly solve unknown and confusing situations. You will also be asked to think critically, and follow up on freight movement.
Weekly set shift is Thursday 6pm-7am, Friday 6pm-7am, and Sat 6pm-7am
Here at Choptank, we're not a "one and done" environment, so you'll be on the front lines of building relationships with our carriers and working closely with our day time sales and logistics departments. An excellent work ethic and proven communication skills are key. Worried that you don't know anything about logistics? We will train you. Choptank has a state-of-the-art, award-winning training program crafted to make sure you have all the tools and knowledge you will need to be successful in your new career. (Positive attitude and coachability required)
- Act as a middle-man between the supplier, trucking carrier and goods receiver, by answering incoming phone calls, questions and requests
- Communicate effectively with carriers through the entire process, from pickup to delivery, while working quickly to decode problems that develop on a shipment
- Build and maintain relationships with carriers by utilizing strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Accurately enter and maintain up-to-date information in our state of the art systems on a continuous basis, allowing for real time tracking of our customers freight
- Availability to work weekends and holidays as needed by Choptank and your team
- Make check calls to drivers to confirm that our dedicated carriers are meeting time commitments
- Serve as after hours support for carriers, it is important for them to know that if something arises along their route, we are here for them!
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted to the Accounting department after each load is delivered
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive.
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will continue growing!
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Paid training and continual development. We see the value in investing in you.
- 401K plan with a company match.
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within.
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, we also love to volunteer within the community.
- High School Diploma
- Strong professional written and oral communication skills (you'll be communicating and representing the company through email and phone all day)
- Computer skills Microsoft Office/ Outlook or similar email application
- Desire to work in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Outgoing personality and comfort speaking to perfect strangers
“At Choptank Transport we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company—a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide.” Geoff Turner, CEO