Have you ever seen yourself being a part of something bigger? Does working with a technologically advanced and continuously growing company appeal to you and your passion? Choptank is searching for a talented and creative IT Specialist to develop new and advanced technical solutions. You'll have the responsibility for the essential IT functions in our corporate office, while also remotely supporting our regional offices in Dallas, Denver, Tampa, and Atlanta. This includes administering all IT operations while being the support and maintenance go-to for our existing applications. One added benefit? Choptank has the big time vision of an established company with the personal latitude of a start up.
Choptank is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider, meaning we bring companies who need to ship products and those with trucks together. Our customers want to focus on crafting and selling their products, not looking for trucks to move it and hoping they get a fair price for the shipping. We take that worry off their plate and get them the best deals in the market. We offer solutions and give them results.
- You will be implementing all IT projects as needed for the company, while quickly helping to resolve Help Desk tickets
- Streamline current methods to improve service processes, performance and functionality
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by building, maintaining and carrying out standards/ procedures
- You will have the ability to analyze complex business needs presented by the user community while recommending, crafting, and executing technical solutions
- You will approve all system requirements prior to implementation of projects
- You'll be able to integrate commercial software into current systems as needed, while maintaining current vendor contracts
- Work with various groups within Choptank to ensure all new employees have necessary equipment, access and permissions on their first day- streamlining the onboarding process
- Keep current with the latest and greatest technologies and demonstrate how they can integrate within the company
- Utilize project management skills to produce time lines for projects while reporting on the status to management and customer meetings
- Evaluate, implement, and handle appropriate complex hardware and software solutions
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will only continue on that growth pattern
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Continual learning and development. We see the value in investing in you
- 401K plan with a company match
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within
- Make a difference: We keep the business of America moving and we also love to volunteer within the community
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 5 year experience in IT
- Experience in all Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Office systems and setups
- Experience with Windows Networking, Windows Security, Windows Application Management, Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange Server and SQL Server
- Experience with computer maintenance and repair
- IT experience in a transportation environment is helpful but not required.
"At Choptank Transport, we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future, is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company - a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide." Geoff Turner, CEO