Are you someone who loves to investigate further on something that doesn't quite look right? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities? Choptank Transport’s Operations Team is searching for a Carrier Compliance Associate in our corporate headquarters. We are keen on adding a member to the team who is detail oriented and enjoys playing the detective role in tough situations. Does this sound like you? Read below to learn more.
Worried that you don't know anything about the logistics industry? We will train you! Choptank has a state-of-the-art, award-winning training program crafted to make sure you have all the tools and knowledge you will need to be successful in your new career. (Positive attitude and coachability required).
Choptank is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider, meaning we bring companies who need to ship products and those with trucks together. Our customers want to focus on crafting and selling their products, not looking for trucks to move it and hoping they get a fair price for the shipping. We take that worry off their plate and get them the best deals in the market. We offer solutions and give them results.
- Verify our drivers eligibility—We work with owner- operator truck drivers and companies around the nation. It is your job to verify these carriers and drivers and make sure that they are eligible to haul our customers products.
- Utilize standard operating procedures and investigative skills to analyze drivers based on pre-set parameters. Once you complete the initial investigations, you will either authorize or disqualify them.
- Work as accurately as possible. The next member of the team is ideally a person who crosses all "T"'s and dots all "I"'s.
- Follow up and track down detailed information on drivers, while maintaining integrity.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment. Each day will be different and will present new challenges and opportunities to help grow our company and our reach across the nation.
- Communication between all types of people in many different environments. Communication means not just externally but also internally between departments.
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive.
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will continue growing.
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Paid training and continual development. We see the value in investing in you.
- 401K plan with a company match.
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within.
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, but we also love to volunteer within the community. Last year alone we raised over 100K for local and national charities!
- High school diploma—with proven computer skills.
- Strong, professional written, and oral communication skills (you'll be communicating and representing the company through email and phone all day).
- A passion and desire to succeed.
- Computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office/Outlook or similar email application.
- Outgoing personality and comfort speaking to perfect strangers.
At Choptank Transport, we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company - a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide." Geoff Turner, CEO