Is coding your passion? Have you been searching for a stable, growing company that understands the value of investing in software development, while still letting your creative side shine through? Choptank has the big time vision of an established company with the personal latitude of a start up.
As a Software Engineer at Choptank, you will be on the front lines of building, developing, implementing, and maintaining custom-built applications. Join a growing company with a strong commitment to staying on the very cutting edge of technology; so much so that we've invested in our own team for it.
Choptank is seeking a talented, creative, and driven software engineer who can thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and agile environment. You'll be helping your team by applying and demonstrating state-of-the-art methods from your prior education and experience, as well as sharing knowledge.
- You will develop and use standard development practices for coding including revision control, proper documentation, and other software development life-cycle procedures.
- You will collaborate with end users/cross-functional teams to determine needs, craft solutions, and improve results.
- You will perform code and design reviews.
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will continue growing!
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Paid training in the industry and continual development. We see the value in investing in you
- 401K plan with a company match
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, but we also love to volunteer within the community. Last year alone we raised over 100K for local and national charities!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the full software development life-cycle process
- Desire to work in fast-paced environment and stay up-to-date on emerging technologies. Tech doesn't stay stagnant, why should you?
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or entire applications.
Desired but not required:
“At Choptank Transport we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company -- a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide.” Geoff Turner, CEO