Are you searching for a dynamic role that plays off your communication and problem-solving skills? Are you hunting for a stable company that offers growth opportunities and development?
As an Inside Sales Representative with Choptank, you will be on the front lines of assisting customers get their valuable products shipped from point A to point B. You'll be prospecting leads, cold-calling on prospective accounts via phone, building relationships with your customers, and managing their accounts. Your accounts won't be “one and done,” but rather long term associations that make a big impact on your customers’ bottom line. Are you a smart, competitive, business-minded professional who isn't afraid to start from scratch and build a book of business on your own?
Choptank is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider, meaning we bring companies who need to ship products and those with trucks together. Our customers want to focus on crafting and selling their products, not looking for trucks to move it and hoping they get a fair price for the shipping. We take that worry off their plate and get them the best deals in the market. We offer solutions and give them results.
- Build your customer base from prospecting and cold-calling, without the hassle of being tied down by territories.
- Analyze customers’ shipping needs and provide solutions. They've invested lots of money to produce their products and they need them shipped. You can be their hero.
- Work with your team to determine proper pricing for each market.
- Manage accounts and build strong customer relationships. Your customers are counting on you.
- Generate new sales revenue for yourselves and your team. Hit and exceed your goals.
- Multitask and prioritize every day. A lot can happen from pick-up to delivery and you will be working through issues while staying upbeat. No two days are alike and that is part of what keeps your job so interesting.
- Base salary PLUS a lucrative incentive. Who doesn't want the ability to determine their own paycheck?
- Casual working environment - When you're comfortable, you're more productive.
- Get in at the beginning of something big - We have more than doubled in size in the last three years and will continue growing!
- Competitive benefits package, including a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and a student loan pay-down program.
- Paid training and continual development. We see the value in investing in you.
- 401K plan with a company match.
- Growth and advancement potential - 95% of our managers are promoted from within.
- Make a difference. Not only do we keep the business of America moving, we also love to volunteer within the community.
- High School diploma required; business or communications degree is a plus.
- Strong, professional written and oral communication skills (you'll be communicating and representing the company through email and phone all day)
- Computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office/Outlook or similar email application
- Desire to work in a dynamic sales environment with goals
- Prior sales experience preferred, but not required
- Outgoing personality and comfortable speaking to perfect strangers
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required
"At Choptank Transport, we are passionate about the future and what it holds for our company. One reason we are confident about our future, is our people. The colleagues who drive Choptank Transport are the reason for our progress to date, they will be the reason for our success in the future. It is a company defined by the character and integrity of our people. We believe Choptank Transport to be an exceptional company - a company of people proud of the work they do and the solutions they provide." Geoff Turner, CEO